This is ME!


Ok I am gonna start with my first post all about me.  This is a huge leap for me as I would so much rather talk about anything else.  My name is Kristi and I grew up in Wyoming.  I now live in Utah.  I am in my 40's. I have been married for 22 years, yes I got married young and would not change it at all.  I have 2 AMAZING daughters that took 10 years to get the first one and 5 more years to get the second.  After my pregnancies my mind decided it need to start working different and I was diagnosed with 3 types of anxiety and 2 types of depression.  Not only do I get to be a mother to these 2 girls I get to learn how to deal with my emotions and not pass it on to them.

 These 2 girls keep me going every which way.  Both have had there health scares that added to my grey hair and surprising enough helped calm my depression, now anxiety that is a different story.  Our oldest from the time she was 4 until 11 she would break out in hives from the top of her head to the bottom of her toes.  After countless doctors and allergy tests we found out when she catches more then one illness like a cold and then an ear infection her body can not handle it and breaks out in hives.  Luckily after turning 11 and her hormones changing she has not had it happen.  Now our younger girl she was diagnosed with a rare eye cancer at 18 months old called Retinoblastoma, she has been cancer free for 5 years now, but still has lots of doctor's appointments.

I have always been an animal lover. Growing up on a ranch in Wyoming I was around horses, dogs, and cats my entire life.  After a couple years of trying to have a baby and then having a miscarriage my depression was really bad, so my husband got me 2 cats and ever since then we have had fur babies.  Yes we treat them just like our kids.  We have had 1 dog and 4 cats pass away on us already so we are keeping our herd small with just these two.  Moose is full of energy and always great to snuggle when I need it.  Now Skippy is the weirdest cat we have ever owned but he knows when one of us needs so snuggles.

My husband and I met while we were attending the University of Wyoming.  We met in February, started dating in March, engaged in April and married in August.  We both continued in college, but I decided to work full time so he could finish.  He got his degree in Chemical Engineering (but is now licensed in Civil Engineering). I was working towards my elementary education degree, and hope to one day finish it.

I consider myself a very creative person and I have some outlets that help me so much.  I am blessed enough to be Music Aide (teacher without the degree) in a K-6 elementary school.  This is my 3rd year and I love it more each year.  This year with COVID is definitely different teaching music without using real instruments and no singing, but it had made me dig deep to figure it out.  I also love to bake and have since an early age.  My favorite are desserts, but this last year I have started to master yeast breads and am really enjoying trying those.  I love to make something and watch people's expressions as they eat it.  It makes me so happy to see them happy eating something I made.  When I was little my Grandma and Mom taught me how to sew and while my girls were young I was able to work for a couple different companies sewing for them to help with income and with my mental state.  I love to sew Halloween costumes for my girls and I am starting to teach my oldest to sew.  When I was 5 my Mom enrolled me in piano lessons and I took them through college.  My teachers wanted me major in piano but I could not see having a career out of that.  I have taught piano lessons before and really enjoyed doing that.  When Pintrest came out man was I in trouble, I would see something on it and would have to make it.  I am a girl that would rather make it then buy it.  I know how to use almost all the power tools we own.  I love to remodel houses with my Dad, who teaches me how to do it. My husband does most of the heavy lifting and he likes to remodel with us too, once he knows the plan, my Dad is very famous for just starting.  We remodeled almost all of our first house.  We also finished the basement.  I got pretty good at laying floors and baseboards.  I love me a nail gun.  One important thing I did learn was I HATE HATE HATE chalking!!  I decorated cakes while I was in high school but then stopped do to the space in college and have started doing it again.  I forgot how much work they are.  I also did leather work from 5th grade through high school, but do to a house fire my Dad and I stopped doing it.  I started doing it last summer and hope to do some more this summer.  My newest outlet is watercolor painting.  My oldest and I took a class last winter and we both were hooked.  It is probably my favorite way to calm my anxiety right now.

Well this is my life in a nut shell, I am also trying to work very hard on my self confidence and my body image so this blog is going to be about me and what I am doing.  I hope you enjoy coming on this trip with me.  Now I am going to go paint a picture to help calm me down since I am going to publish this and make it so anyone can read it.

 

Comments

Popular Posts